EGEDAL MILJØ 1 is a quality litter bin with wood cladding, encouraging everyone to sort their waste when out and about. The bin is modular and installations can be designed to suit specific needs. Robust materials and timeless design make it long-lasting in every sense. It has also been designed so that service staff can empty it without any lifting.
EGEDAL MILJØ 1 is clad with smooth wooden slats, giving it a warm and inviting look. It is also available all in steel – go to this page to view EGEDAL MILJØ 2 in steel.
The bin can be set up to form a recycling station with 2, 3 or 4 modules in a single row or 4, 6 or 8 modules in a double row. If you need even more fractions, talk to our consultants – EGEDAL MILJØ can be adapted with any number of modules. Each module holds 80 litres.
A single row of EGEDAL MILJØ bins can be supplied with openings from one or both sides. The front panel protects the wood around the opening and provides space for waste-sorting pictograms.
Modules can be added or removed if recycling needs change. A 2-module set-up can easily become a 3 or 4-module installation, or vice versa. The waste-sorting pictograms can also easily be replaced.
As a result, EGEDAL MILJØ offers great flexibility, as it can be adapted to suit changed legal requirements and varying user needs.
EGEDAL MILJØ 1 is made from hot-dip galvanised steel with FSC®-certified mahogany cladding. The steel components can also be supplied with a powder coating. The bin is high quality and will stand up to wind and weather and the rigours of urban life.
The design of EGEDAL MILJØ takes into account working procedures for service staff. Each bin module features convenient swing access – both the hatch and the bag holder. This means no lifting is required when emptying.
The bin can be equipped with a sensor (that measures the level of rubbish in the bin and thus the need for emptying).
EGEDAL MILJØ is part of the EGEDAL range and is also available as a stand-alone litter bin. This enables you to achieve a uniform overall look with different models. View EGEDAL litter bin with wood cladding here and EGEDAL litter bin in steel here.
The range has been designed for public spaces, where flexible waste sorting is needed. Both private and public enterprises often need to adapt their waste-sorting facilities on an ongoing basis. EGEDAL MILJØ allows the set-up to be adjusted in the event of changes to user needs, official requirements or other factors.
The EGEDAL range has been designed by Danish design studio VE2 in collaboration with HITSA. The aim was to create waste-sorting products that offer a new, high standard of aesthetics.
Technical drawings See drawings
EGEDAL MILJØ 1 RECYCLE BIN
• 80 litres per module
• Single row: 2, 3 or 4 modules
• Double row: 4, 6 or 8 modules
• Available with openings at the ends
• Single row available with single or double side openings
• Same range as the EGEDAL stand-alone litter bin
• Side-hinged hatch with bag holder for easy emptying
• Also available in RAL colours
• Opens with a triangular key – locks automatically when closed
• Can be equipped with a sensor to measure fill level
• Optional extra: Recycling labels
• Oil-treated, FSC®-certified mahogany
• Also available in untreated, FSC®-certified mahogany
• Hot-dip galvanised steel
• Also available in powder-coated, hot-dip galvanised steel
Hatch/inner casing: 3 mm steel plate
Top: 8 mm steel plate
Front panel: 2 mm steel plate
Base height: 50 mm
• Can be cemented in or bolted to the ground
• Recommended base dimensions WxH: 400 x 300 mm per module (length depends on number of modules)
• Distance from ground to top edge: 900 mm