The FJORDPARK 3 litter bin is made from 3 mm steel plate, which is hot-dip galvanised and then powder-coated. This makes the bin extremely robust and vandal-proof. Hot-dip galvanising also ensures a long useful life.
The FJORDPARK 3 litter bin can be supplied with a smooth or perforated outer casing. Both versions will unobtrusively blend in in both urban spaces and park settings. An extra compartment can be purchased for depositing returnable bottles and cans.
FJORDPARK 3 has been designed by Aarhus design studio VE2.
This litter bin has been designed with a user-friendly opening mechanism that makes it easy for service staff to do their jobs. The bin opens with a triangular key, and a side-hinged hatch swings outward. The bag is supported by a circular base. Once the bag has been removed and a new one inserted, simply click the hatch back into place. It locks automatically, so you can always be sure that you have closed the bin properly.
The actual bin bag is inserted around an inner bag ring. Like the rest of the bin, this is made from hot-dip galvanised steel.
FJORDPARK 3 is a solid and durable litter bin. All steel components are hot-dip galvanised before powder coating. This provides extra protection against rust. And even if the powder coating gets damaged, the hot-dip galvanising ensures that the steel components retain their strength and do not rust.
The FJORDPARK 3 litter bin can be cemented in or bolted to the ground. An optional ratproof base (with scope for incorporating a trap) can be purchased.
Technical drawings See drawings
FJORDPARK 3 LITTER BIN
• 60 litre capacity with top access
• Casing is available smooth, perforated or in your own design
• Optional extra: Holder for recyclable items and socle to fit a rodent trap
• Also available in any RAL colour
• Opens with a triangular key – locks automatically when closed
• Hot-dip galvanised steel and aluminium
• Also available in Corten steel (casing and top)
• Also available in powder-coated, hot-dip galvanised steel, and aluminium
Lid/casing: 3 mm steel sheet panel
Top: 3 mm rolled aluminium
Socle: Ø194 mm steel tube
• Available for embedding or bolting to the foundation
• Recommended base dimensions: Ø300 x H500 mm
• Distance from ground to upper edge: 741 mm