EGEDAL 1 is an elegant, square wooden litter bin with rounded corners and a distinctive front panel, giving it its own unique welcoming look.
EGEDAL 1 uses natural materials, with cladding of smooth, rounded wooden slats. The front panel around the opening protects the wood against dirt. EGEDAL is also available all in steel – find EGEDAL 2 in steel here.
The bin is available with single or double side opening. The opening and front panel have been designed to make it difficult for birds to get at the rubbish.
Emptying is made easy by convenient access to the bag. First the side-hinged hatch swings outward, and then the bag holder itself swings out. EGEDAL can be equipped with a sensor (that measures the level of rubbish in the bin and thus the need for emptying).
EGEDAL 1 is available in three sizes – 40 litres, 80 litres and 105 litres. All three are the same height (900 mm), but the width/depth varies.
EGEDAL is an ideal litter bin for waste sorting in public spaces. Thanks to the straight sides and identical height, multiple EGEDAL bins can easily be installed side by side.
The front panel around the opening provides space to indicate relevant waste fractions. Removable sticker pictograms are easy to swap if the fractions change. Pictograms with Braille or raised lettering for the top of the bin may also be used.
EGEDAL is also available as modules that can be combined in a variety of ways – see the options on the datasheet.
EGEDAL 1 is clad with FSC®-certified mahogany slats, accentuating its vertical lines.
The rest of the bin is made from hot-dip galvanised steel and can be supplied with a powder coating in RAL colours. This allows a combination of colours and surfaces for EGEDAL 1.
The EGEDAL range has been designed by Aarhus design studio VE2 in collaboration with HITSA.
Technical drawings See drawings
EGEDAL 1 LITTER BIN
• 40, 80 or 105 litres
• Single or double side opening
• Front panel provides space for waste-sorting pictograms
• 80 litres model available as EGEDAL MILJØ (modular bins for multiple waste fractions)
• Casing and hatch with wooden slats
• Side-hinged hatch with bag holder for easy emptying
• Also available in any RAL colour
• Opens with a triangular key – locks automatically when closed
• Can be equipped with a sensor to measure fill level
• Oil-treated, FSC®-certified mahogany
• Also available in untreated, FSC®-certified mahogany
• Hot-dip galvanised steel
• Also available in powder-coated, hot-dip galvanised steel
Hatch/inner casing: 3 mm steel plate
Top: 8 mm steel plate
Front panel: 2 mm steel plate
Cladding: 55 x 24 mm slats
Base 40/80/105 litres: Ø 290/Ø 350/Ø 410 mm tubular steel
• Can be cemented in or bolted to the ground
• Recommended base dimensions: Ø 400 x 500 mm
• Distance from ground to top edge: 900 mm
Urban furniture suppliers VEKSØ and HITSA have merged by January 1st 2021. Together, we are now an even larger and more versatile supplier of bike racks, shelters, bollards, litter bins and urban furniture.
Under the name of HITSA, we strive to satisfy our customers with well-designed, high quality products.
Our product lines have not changed, neither have the staff. Contact us like you would normally do. Find the products you know + new ones here at hitsa.com.
Welcome to HITSA!