EGEDAL 2 is a square litter bin with side opening, rounded corners and a distinctive front panel, giving it its own unique welcoming look.
EGEDAL 2 is a robust model that is easy to maintain. The combination of steel surfaces allows scope for creating a unique look using colours or cut-outs. EGEDAL is also available with wood cladding – find EGEDAL 1 with wood cladding here.
The bin is available with single or double side opening. The opening and front panel have been designed to make it difficult for birds to get at the rubbish.
Emptying is made easy by convenient access to the bag. First the side-hinged hatch swings outward, and then the bag holder itself swings out. EGEDAL can be equipped with a sensor (that measures the level of rubbish in the bin and thus the need for emptying).
EGEDAL 2 is available in three sizes – 40 litres, 80 litres and 105 litres. All three are the same height (900 mm), but the width/depth varies.
EGEDAL is an ideal litter bin for waste sorting in public spaces. Thanks to the straight sides and identical height, multiple EGEDAL bins can easily be installed side by side.
The front panel around the opening provides space to indicate relevant waste fractions. Removable sticker pictograms are easy to swap if the fractions change. Pictograms with Braille or raised lettering for the top of the bin may also be used.
EGEDAL is also available as modules that can be combined in a variety of ways – see the options on the datasheet.
EGEDAL 2 is made from hot-dip galvanised steel. The entire bin can be supplied with a plain, hot-dip galvanised finish or powder-coated. It is possible to choose a combination of colours for EGEDAL 2. We can supply any RAL colour.
The EGEDAL range has been designed by Aarhus design studio VE2 in collaboration with HITSA.
Technical drawings See drawings
EGEDAL 2 LITTER BIN
• 40, 80 or 105 litres
• Single or double side opening
• Casing available smooth or with cut-out in your own design
• Front panel provides space for waste-sorting pictograms
• 80 litres model available as EGEDAL MILJØ (modular bins for multiple waste fractions)
• Side-hinged hatch with bag holder for easy emptying
• Also available in any RAL colour
• Opens with a triangular key – locks automatically when closed
• Can be equipped with a sensor to measure fill level
• Hot-dip galvanised steel
• Also available in powder-coated, hot-dip galvanised steel
Hatch/casing: 3 mm steel plate
Top: 8 mm steel plate
Front panel: 2 mm steel plate
Base 40/80/105 litres: Ø 290/Ø 350/Ø 410 mm tubular steel
• Can be cemented in or bolted to the ground
• Recommended base dimensions: Ø 400 x 500 mm
• Distance from ground to top edge: 900 mm