ROBERT is a straightforward, neutral shelter, often to be seen in use as a bicycle shelter in urban spaces. It is made from hot-dip galvanised steel profiles and features a flat roof with a shallow, one-way slope. ROBERT is available as either a single or double-sided shelter.
ROBERT offers generous standing height for under-cover parking of bikes, pushchairs, mopeds and scooters, while being extremely roomy.
ROBERT can be configured in a variety of ways, to accommodate customer wishes and requirements. ROBERT is also available for use as a recycling station, and you can opt for a larger, combined solution as a shelter for both bikes and waste containers.
HITSA is responsible for the design of ROBERT, which is available with a variety of side panel and roof options.
Side panel options include wire mesh, rionet, perforated panels or expanded metal. It is also possible to create a more natural look with wood panels, for example, mahogany (FSC-certified) or cedar.
The roof can be roofing felt, trapezoid panels or a green sedum roof.
If you choose to use rionet or other wire mesh for your shelter, you can have plants growing up it. If you also opt for a sedum roof, you can create a patch of green in the urban landscape.
If you need to be able to lock your bicycle shelter, ROBERT is available with a door prepared for locking fixtures.
The shelter can be supplied with a gutter and drainpipe down to the ground. When configured as a double-sided shelter, the guttering is obligatory, as it runs across the middle.
There are numerous options for configuring ROBERT, to ensure it fits perfectly in the specific outdoor setting.
The supporting framework of ROBERT is made from RHS tubular steel that is hot-dip galvanised. It can also be supplied with a powder coating. All the steel components are still hot-dip galvanised beforehand, ensuring the same long useful life and level of durability for your product. So even if the coating gets damaged, the steel is still protected against rust.
Here at HITSA we have many years of experience of putting together functional solutions for urban spaces. Get in touch with us to discuss a solution to make optimum use of ROBERT.
Technical drawings See drawings
• Modular – extra bays can be added to extend the shelter (bays up to 4 metres)
• Single-sided (depth: 2150 mm) or double-sided (depth: 4300 mm)
• The double-sided shelter comes with integrated steel guttering and drainpipe
down to the ground
• Optional extra (for single-sided ROBERT): Steel guttering and drainpipe down
to the ground
• Optional extra: Purlins between supports
• Optional extra: Side panels, 1-4 sides
• Optional extra: Sliding door(s)
• Optional extra: LED lighting
• Hot-dip galvanised steel
• Also available in powder-coated, hot-dip galvanised steel.
The following components are not powder-coated: roof panels, guttering,
drainpipes and aluminium edge strips, any door rails, etc.
• LP/20 trapezoidal steel panels
• 10 mm polycarbonate corrugated panels/thermo panels
• Roofing felt
• Sedum roof
• in frames between columns (MS) or horizontal termination above roof (OT)
• 2 mm smooth steel panels (MS/OT)
• 2 mm Ø10 mm perforated panels (MS/OT)
• 50 x 50 mm wire mesh (MS/OT)
• 34 x 68 mm mahogany (FSC®-certified) rhombus profiles,
horizontal installation (MS/OT)
• 34 x 68 mm thermo ash rhombus profiles, horizontal installation (MS/OT)
• 34 x 68 mm mahogany (FSC®-certified) profiles, vertical installation (MS/OT)
• 34 x 68 mm thermo ash profiles, vertical installation (MS/OT)
• 34 x 68 mm larch profiles, vertical installation (MS/OT)
Supports: 70 x 70 x 3/70 x 70 x 3, for purlins over supports (standard)
Supports: 70 x 70 x 3/140 x 70 x 4, for purlins between supports (optional extra)
Purlins: 100 x 50 x 3 mm rectangular profile
• To be cemented in on site. Installation according to instructions from HITSA
• Base dimensions LxWxH: 500 x 500 x 700 mm, 900 mm below ground