SH 500 is a simple and sturdy shelter made from hot-dip galvanised steel profiles. It is roomy and provides generous standing height. The roof has a one-way slope, providing a top opening to one side and giving it an appealing look.
The SH 500 can be ordered with a variety of side panels and roof options. This allows broad scope for varying the look of the product. The SH 500 can blend in with any surroundings.
The SH 500 can be ordered with a variety of side panels and roof options. If you need a bicycle shelter that can be closed or locked, a sliding gate can be added.
For side panels, you have a choice of three different kinds of wood or three different types of steel. Wood slats are available in larch, thermo ash and FSC®-certified mahogany, while the steel options are perforated panels, smooth steel panels or rionet wire mesh. Our steel panels are always hot-dip galvanised, including those supplied with a powder coating. We can offer this in any RAL colour.
Roof options include trapezoidal steel panels, roofing felt or a sedum roof.
If you opt for a recycling station with wood side panels and sedum on the roof, the result is a very natural solution that will serve as a patch of green in a courtyard area or urban space. A green shelter adds a positive touch to the view of the courtyard for residents in apartment blocks. At the same time a sedum roof provides added habitat for bees and other insects.
With your choice of external panels you can create a bicycle parking facility to fit the specific outdoor space.
Why not combine the SH 500 bicycle shelter with other cycling products such as bicycle racks or bicycle pumps?
Here at HITSA we have been developing shelters designed specifically for bicycle parking for many years. Cycling is hugely popular in Danish towns and cities, and it’s essential for modern urban planning to focus on cyclists and provide favourable conditions for making use of urban spaces. With a bicycle shelter from HITSA, bikes are safely protected from wind and weather.
Contact us to find out more about possible options for a solution that not only satisfies requirements but also fits with the surrounding outdoor space.
Technical drawings See drawings
SH 500 SHELTER
• Modular – extra bays can be added to extend the shelter (bays up to 4 metres)
• Standard depth 5000 mm
• Optional extra: Steel guttering and drainpipe down to the ground
• Optional extra: Purlins between supports
• Optional extra: Side panels, 1-4 sides
• Optional extra: Sliding door(s)
• Optional extra: LED lighting
• Hot-dip galvanised steel
• Also available in powder-coated, hot-dip galvanised steel.
The following components are not powder-coated: roof panels, guttering,
drainpipes and aluminium edge strips, any door rails, etc.
• LP/20 trapezoidal steel panels
• 10 mm polycarbonate corrugated panels/thermo panels
• Roofing felt
• Sedum roof
• in frames between columns (MS) or horizontal termination above roof (OT)
• 2 mm smooth steel panels (MS/OT)
• 2 mm Ø10 mm perforated panels (MS/OT)
• 50 x 50 mm wire mesh (MS/OT)
• 34 x 68 mm mahogany (FSC®-certified) rhombus profiles, horizontal installation (MS/OT)
• 34 x 68 mm thermo ash rhombus profiles, horizontal installation (MS/OT)
• 34 x 68 mm mahogany (FSC®-certified) profiles, vertical installation (MS/OT)
• 34 x 68 mm thermo ash profiles, vertical installation (MS/OT)
• 34 x 68 mm larch profiles, vertical installation (MS/OT)
Supports: 70 x 70 x 3 mm/70 x 70 x 3 mm rectangular profile
Purlins: 100 x 50 x 3 mm rectangular profile
• To be cemented in on site. Installation according to instructions from HITSA
• Base dimensions LxWxH: 500 x 500 x 700 mm, 900 mm below ground