Recycling stations are used to screen off waste sorting in urban spaces and courtyard areas near blocks of flats. Putting all your waste containers together in one location is a practical solution, making it easier for users to manage their waste effectively. At the same time, the waste containers are hidden from view and the outdoor space looks more attractive.
ROBERT is a simple recycling station that manages waste sorting without making a big fuss about it. It is constructed of hot-dip galvanised steel profiles and has a flat roof that slopes slightly on one side. ROBERT is available in both a one-sided and two-sided version.
ROBERT can be customised, so it meets whatever particular requirements the customer has. The bin shelter can be built in specific lengths and depths, so there is room for the number of waste containers needed. A solution that offers both waste management and bicycle parking all in one is also available.
The side cladding can be made of wire mesh, rionet, perforated plates or expanded metal. It is also possible to have a more natural look with a cladding of wooden panels, such as mahogany (FSC®-certified) or cedar.
The roof can be made of roofing felt, trapezoidal sheeting or you can have a green sedum roof.
If you’d like to create a green oasis in your outdoor space, why not allow a plant to grow up the side or, for example, a rionet or wire mesh side and choose a sedum roof for the top.
The recycling station can be supplied with a sliding gate that has been pre-prepared for a lock box.
The load-bearing structure of ROBERT is made of hot-dip galvanised steel pipes. That is why this recycling station requires a minimum of maintenance.
If you do not want a galvanised look for your recycling station’s steel parts, ROBERT can be supplied powder-coated. You can choose any RAL colour, and even if powder-coated, all steel parts are hot-dip galvanised first. That means that the product’s lifetime is still long and the product is very hard-wearing. Should any damage occur to the coating, the steel will still be protected against rust.
At HITSA, we have extensive experience in designing functional solutions for urban spaces. Contact us and we can bounce a few ideas around on the options a bin shelter like ROBERT can offer.
Technical drawings See drawings
• Modular – extra bays can be added to extend the shelter (bays up to 4 metres)
• Single-sided (depth: 2150 mm) or double-sided (depth: 4300 mm)
• The double-sided shelter comes with integrated steel guttering and drainpipe
down to the ground
• Optional extra (for single-sided ROBERT): Steel guttering and drainpipe down
to the ground
• Optional extra: Purlins between supports
• Optional extra: Side panels, 1-4 sides
• Optional extra: Sliding door(s)
• Optional extra: LED lighting
• Hot-dip galvanised steel
• Also available in powder-coated, hot-dip galvanised steel. The following components are not powder-coated: roof panels, guttering, drainpipes and aluminium edge strips, any door rails, etc.
• LP/20 trapezoidal steel panels
• 10 mm polycarbonate corrugated panels/thermo panels
• Roofing felt
• Sedum roof
• in frames between columns (MS) or horizontal termination above roof (OT)
• 2 mm smooth steel panels (MS/OT)
• 2 mm Ø10 mm perforated panels (MS/OT)
• 50 x 50 mm wire mesh (MS/OT)
• 34 x 68 mm mahogany (FSC®-certified) rhombus profiles, horizontal installation (MS/OT)
• 34 x 68 mm thermo ash rhombus profiles, horizontal installation (MS/OT)
• 34 x 68 mm mahogany (FSC®-certified) profiles, vertical installation (MS/OT)
• 34 x 68 mm thermo ash profiles, vertical installation (MS/OT)
• 34 x 68 mm larch profiles, vertical installation (MS/OT)
Supports: 70 x 70 x 3/70 x 70 x 3, for purlins over supports (standard)
Supports: 70 x 70 x 3/140 x 70 x 4, for purlins between supports (optional extra)
Purlins: 100 x 50 x 3 mm rectangular profile
• To be cemented in on site. Installation according to instructions from HITSA
• Base dimensions LxWxH: 500 x 500 x 700 mm, 900 mm below ground