A clean city is a beautiful city, and a place that is pleasant for the city’s citizens to live and work in. That’s why it is important that access to waste bins in the public urban space is easy and practical. MASCOT bin shelters are used to screen off waste sorting in urban spaces and courtyard areas near blocks of flats.
Different types of roofing materials are available – Trapezoidal steel profiles or clear PC thermo sheets. You can also choose to have MASCOT supplied with roofing felt (regular or prepared for sedum roof).
MASCOT can be supplied with, for example, lighting and gutters.
MASCOT is HITSA’s own design. Its simple construction means that various types of cladding can be used. Popular choices for cladding include perforated plates or horizontally-mounted wood panels. Perforated plates give it an airy, light and transparent, while wood cladding means that less is on view.
We manufacture MASCOT at our own facilities, so we can customise the look of the recycling station according to the customer’s wishes.
Depending on the choice of cladding, the MASCOT is relatively light in its look. MASCOT is made of sturdy, highly-durable materials that last for years with very little maintenance.
The supports and ridge pipes are made of Ø 60 mm hot-dip galvanised steel pipe. Hot-dip galvanising provides excellent protection against rust and extends the lifetime.
We can also supply MASCOT with a supporting framework made of hot-dip galvanised steel pipes that have been powder-coated. We do the powder coating in any RAL colour at our own facilities in Kolding.
Putting all your waste bins together in one location is a practical solution, making it easier for users to manage their waste effectively. It encourages people to sort and dispose of their waste correctly. Sorting waste correctly results in a more sustainable way of keeping the area clean.
The MASCOT bin shelter is roomy and can be customised to suit the particular needs of the users thanks to its modular design.
Technical drawings See drawings
• Modular – extra bays can be added to extend the shelter
• Single or double-sided
• The double-sided shelter comes with steel guttering and drainpipe down to the ground
• Optional extra: Steel guttering and drainpipe on single-sided shelter
• Optional extra: Side panels, 1-4 sides
• Optional extra: Door
• Optional extra: LED lighting
• Also available in any RAL colour
• Hot-dip galvanised steel
• Also available in powder-coated, hot-dip galvanised steel
STANDARD ROOF TYPES:
• LP/20 trapezoidal steel panels
• 10 mm polycarbonate corrugated panels/thermo panels
• Roofing felt (regular or prepared for sedum roof)
STANDARD PANEL MATERIALS:
• 1.5 mm perforated steel panel bent to form cassettes
• 1.5 mm perforated steel panel in frame
• Wire mesh in frame
DIMENSIONS (does not apply to sedum roof):
Columns: Ø 60 mm tubular steel
Purlins: Ø 60 mm tubular steel
• Supplied for cementing in. Installation according to instructions from HITSA.