Design GINMAN, HARBOE, BORUP LANDSKABSARKITEKTER
Our G TYPE bicycle rack boasts an elegant design and a high degree of functionality
The tall, narrow wheel holders give it a particularly classic look. The wheel holders are set at an angle and can therefore securely accommodate all tyre thicknesses, from narrow racing-bike tyres to sturdy mountain-bike tyres. They are designed so as not to cause damage to front wheel hubs, spokes or attached lights.
The classic appearance of G TYPE is emphasised when mounted on our sturdy bar, either single-sided or double-sided. We produce standard single-sided modules with 5 parking spaces and double-sided modules with 10 spaces. The bar forms a very distinct element in the urban landscape, and can be used as a barrier alongside moving traffic or as a boundary marker in parks or playgrounds.
G TYPE is available for vertical (90°) or angled (45°) bicycle parking.
It is also possible to mount G TYPE holders on SNAP bollards – as an individual free-standing bicycle stand. SNAP offers great freedom for siting bicycle parking; for example, it can fit in confined spaces. A row of SNAP bollards can also follow the curve of a flower bed or pavement.
G TYPE is available as a single or double-sided version on a SNAP bollard.
It is made from hot-dip galvanised steel, and can also be powder-coated. This ensures excellent durability in all weathers, meaning the product can naturally be installed out in the open. If you want to offer parking in the dry for customers or employees, then take a look at our bicycle shelters here. If you want to do even more to promote cycling, you can add one of our many air pumps to your bicycle parking facility.
Here at HITSA we have been working on products to promote cycling since the company was founded in 1954. We are cycling enthusiasts and support pedal power as an obvious solution to congestion and emission problems and as a health benefit.
Consequently, we are also happy to provide advice on how to make the most of the space available for an optimum bicycle parking facility, whilst also ensuring an appealing facility for cyclists. Contact our consultants if you have any questions or would like assistance with a specific request.
Technical drawings See drawings
G TYPE BIKE RACK
• Single or double-sided bike rack
• Angled clamps that suit all types of tyre
• Allows room for lights on front wheel fork
• Available vertical (90°) or angled (45°)
• Rack with 5 spaces single-sided
• Rack with 10 spaces double-sided
• Also available as an individual stand (Snap and wall)
• Also available in any RAL colour
• Hot-dip galvanised steel
• Also available in powder-coated, hot-dip galvanised steel
Columns: 70 x 70 mm
Bars: 70 x 140 mm
Clamps: Ø14 mm
Standard distance between clamps: c/c 500 mm
Columns: Ø42 mm (for embedding)
• Available for embedding, bolting to the foundation or as a single rack for wall mounting
• Recommended base dimensions: Ø300 x H600 mm
• Distance from ground to middle of clamp: 350 mm
• Distance from ground to lower edge of clamp: 150 mm