Design AARHUS KOMMUNE, BYARKITEKTUR
The AROS bicycle pump is a facility for cyclists that can be installed along cycle routes and at bicycle parking locations. The air pump has an automatic compressor that is easy to operate. The pump itself is compatible with most popular valve types – Presta, Schrader and Dunlop.
The pump is activated by pressing the button on the side of the housing once. It then runs for 30 seconds. If further air is required, the cyclist simply needs to press the button again. The pump has a built-in cut-off valve, which is set to a maximum of 4 bar on delivery.
The AROS air pump is designed to promote cycling in urban areas. It is also compatible with valves on wheelchairs, pushchairs and scooters.
The pump has a slim and streamlined look. There is also emphasis on durability, since AROS is intended for public use. The hose is reinforced, with extra steel reinforcement for vandal-proofing. The outer casing is 3 mm aluminium, which is given further protection in the form of powder coating.
The AROS bicycle pump has been designed – as its name might suggest – for and by Aarhus Municipality. It is also available as a manual air pump with foot pump. The pump can be combined with the AROS bicycle shelter. It provides a streamlined and coherent look for urban cycling facilities.
The pump is powder-coated in a colour of the customer’s choice from the RAL system. We are also happy to supply AROS bicycle pumps with decals or logos if desired by the customer.
If you’re after a public air pump with a different, more retro-type design, take a look at our BORCH air pump.
Our AROS cycling products have been created to promote cycling. Here at HITSA we have extensive experience of making it easy for people to get out on their bikes. We are cycling enthusiasts ourselves and keen to contribute to the positive trend represented by cycle-friendly cities and cycle routes, as cycling reduces congestion and emissions from cars and is a healthier option for the individual.
Consequently, we are also happy to provide advice on cycling solutions. This includes both the layout of the bicycle parking in the designated location and the accompanying equipment such as lock brackets, bicycle pumps and footrest. We have products to suit every price level and style. Contact us to find out more.
Technical drawings See drawings
AROS AIR BICYCLE PUMP, COMPRESSOR
• User-friendly, oil-free, quiet compressor pump
• Set at max 4 bar as standard
• One push of the button activates the compressor for 30 seconds
• Steel-reinforced air hose with steel head
• Fits most types of valve such as Dunlop, Schrader and Presta
• Can be customised with the customer’s logo as required
• Working temperature: -40°C – + 55° C
• Powder-coated in RAL colours
• Powder-coated aluminium on all 4 sides
• Framework in hot-dip galvanised steel
• Pump head in stainless steel
3 mm aluminium
• Available for embedding or bolting to the foundation
• Power supply: 230 V 50/60 Hz
• Recommended base dimensions LxWxH: 400 x 300 x 600 mm
• Distance from ground to upper edge: 914 mm